High-performance weighing controller with firmware specially configured for fast filling and bagging processes, including powerful evaluation and control technology. Thanks to its wide scope of functions and setting options, it can be optimally adapted to a given task and provides consistently accurate filling results.
Intuitive operation thanks to clear, application-oriented dialogs and displays. Commissioning, parameterization, remote access and remote maintenance also via a network using the integrated web server or fieldbus. Easy, flexible link-up to a PLC or control system.
Approved weighing controller
for use in high-performance filling and packing machines
Range of application
Meets the requirements of legal metrology and is certified for use in the following legal-for-trade (and non-legal-for-trade) applications:
Automatic Gravimetric Filling Instruments (AGFI) –
verifiable according to OIML R 61
Automatic Catchweighing Instruments (ACI) –
verifiable according to OIML R 51
Automatic Discontinuous Totalisers (ADT) –
verifiable according to OIML R 107
Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments (NAWI) –
verifiable according to OIML R 76
Dependable high-speed control with added value
for fast and precise filling and bagging
The dataPond 3F weighing controller is specially designed for dosing, filling and bagging granulates, free-flowing solids and liquids at very high throughput rates. It enables consistently accurate filling results to be achieved even in high-speed machines at cycle rates of over 2,000 fills per hour. It controls and monitors the entire dosing process and additionally offers many functions and setting options to solve the typical problems of filling processes.
Developed for stringent requirements, dataPond 3F provides an extended scope of adjustable functions, such as automatic dosing time optimization, automatic free-fall compensation in 3 modes with quick adaptation as well as special features like topping-up and fill-finish. Digital filters for suppression of vibrations and its smart programming with adaptive, predictive control plus comprehensive monitoring and statistical functions achieve maximum precision, speed and reliability of the dosing process.
Proven, powerful evaluation algorithms ensure optimal processing of the weighing signals and thus maximum measuring accuracy, even under difficult conditions. Special control algorithms then continually optimize and adjust the weighing process. As a result, dataPond 3F is able to flexibly adapt to changes in the product properties, such as material density or flow behavior, during the filling process.
From 220 parameter sets, presettings for different filling weights and products can be conveniently selected, allowing for quick format and product changes.
During operation, the dataPond 3F weighing controller automatically monitors a multitude of process parameters which help to optimize the system. Material flow rate, dosing times, filling weight, tolerances and process errors are, among others, recorded and evaluated. In addition, batch and product statistics as well as diagnostic data are logged on the controller. The dataPond 3F provides maximum repeat accuracy also for goods with critical filling characteristics – especially as disturbing influences are reliably suppressed, e.g. in the case of process fluctuations or switching operations.
The integrated alibi memory documents the last 60,000 filling results and meets the requirement for traceability of legal-for-trade weight values when used in the subsequent EDP system.
The weighing controller can be used stand-alone or networked and is customizable to different machine types. It is intuitive to operate, offers dialog-guided, digital adjustment and can also be configured as a multi-range or multi-interval scale. Up to 4 load cells can be connected.
Web server functionality
and various communication interfaces
The dataPond 3F can be flexibly integrated into almost any machine and control environment. For this purpose, the weighing controller offers 16 digital I/Os, COM port, Ethernet interface, Modbus protocol and optional fieldbus interfaces such as Profibus, Profinet or EtherNet/IP.
The integrated web server enables access via a browser, e.g. for setting parameters, for adjustment as well as for functional testing, and allows targeted fault and process diagnosis directly from the device. Also data backup, firmware updates and remote maintenance can be carried out comfortably via the web interface.
Remote diagnostics and remote maintenance of devices at other locations via the Internet are also possible (if enabled accordingly). At the same time, the dataPond 3F can also be integrated into Industry 4.0-compliant structures and applications via the fieldbus, for example in condition monitoring applications on the supervisory control level or in the cloud. This makes the dataPond 3F not only a reliable, but also a future-proof weighing controller for automatic scales.
- Evaluation electronics for strain gauge load cells
- High internal measurement resolution and stability
- Ultra-fast and precise control of the dosing process powered by long-proven algorithms
- High operational reliability due to comprehensive monitoring functions
- Diagnostic tools and support for commissioning, optimization and troubleshooting
- User-friendly weight and status display
- Plain-text operator guidance in 5 languages
- Rugged, industry-oriented design
- Space-saving, effortless mounting with various installation options
- Display unit can be mounted on the door / front panel without a cut-out. Template provided for drilling only 7 holes.
Filling and dosing control functions
- Two-stage dosing: coarse and fine
- Dosing in filling and dispensing mode
- 220 sets of parameters for filling weight and material parameters
- Automatic zero setting or taring
- Automatic dosing time optimization
- Automatic free-fall compensation: 3 selectable modes with quick adaptation
- Automatic checkweighing with tolerance evaluation
- Automatic topping-up when below tolerance
- Fill-finish of pre-filled containers
- Batch mode (preselection by count or total weight)
- Monitoring of material flow rate, dosing time and faults with alarm and logging
- Additional mode: Totalizing scale
- 4 additional set points, freely configurable
- Totals memory, counter and statistics
Configuration and operation
- Local operator terminal
- Web server for parameter input and backup, data exchange, firmware download, remote terminal and filling curve analysis
Connectivity / Networking
- Ethernet TCP/IP
- Serial COM port (RS-422/485 or RS-232)
- Modbus (TCP and RTU)
- Web interface
- WebSocket (RFC6455)
- 16 digital inputs / 16 digital outputs (24VDC each), configurable function or assignment (can also be used as remote IO for the PLC)
- optional fieldbus: Profibus DP, Profinet or EtherNet/IP, further protocols on request