HI 4060 Loss-in-Weight Rate Controller
Hardy’s HI 4060 is a compact, single-feeder, closed-loop rate controller for use in a variety of applications, including auger, belt and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric.
After supplying excitation to the load sensors and digitizing the weight signal, the rate controller provides an analog output to control the feeder speed and adjusts this signal based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight. The HI 4060 can communicate this information real-time to a PLC or a PC to control the entire process.
MULTIPLE FEEDER CONTROL
The HI 4060 is a powerful building block when it comes to multiple feeder systems. It can act as a master to multiple controllers or as a slave to other HI 4060’s or other process inputs.
The HI 4060 loss-in-weight rate controller features:
- Automatic closed loop control: continuously adjusts the feeder to deliver the desired feed rate
- True five-point automatic rate calibration: produces high feed accuracy for a wide range of feed rates
- Multiple configuration storage: stores hundreds of different system configurations
- Automatic feeder refill: starts and stops refilling without interrupting the feeding of material
- Convenient manual mode: allows manual speed control, with switch to automatic control at the touch of a button
- Various alarms, including rate tolerance and disturbance
- Graphics Display Mode: graphs actual feed rate vs. setpoint or operation percentage output
- Secure Digital Memory Module (SMM-SD) card, to automatically store configuration data, and easily transfer it from one instrument to another
- Embedded Web Server, enables remote access to setup and calibration from anywhere on your Ethernet network
- C2 Electronic Calibration, fast and simple without test weights
- Waversaver, automatic vibration suppression for stable, accurate weight readings
- IT (Integrated Technician), integrated support tool for troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Ethernet and optional DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, Analog
- Easy to install and configurable to suit your specific application
- Gravimetric Feeding
- Continuous and Batch Rate Control