Process Weighing Controller
Specifically developed for process automation, the weighing controller performs the necessary functions for verifiable weight measurement, dosing and totalization for automatic scales in industrial processes. The integrated time-optimized dosing process frees up the higher-level control system from this calculation-intensive task and thus enables more accurate and faster operation.
Easy link-up to a PLC or control system with full access to all data and parameters via fieldbus. In addition, monitoring and operation are also possible via the local terminal or the integrated web server.
Approved weighing controller
for use in process automation
Range of application
Meets the requirements of legal metrology and is certified for use in the following legal-for-trade (and non-legal-for-trade) applications:
Automatic Gravimetric Filling Instruments (AGFI) –
verifiable according to OIML R 61
Automatic Catchweighing Instruments (ACI) –
verifiable according to OIML R 51
Automatic Discontinuous Totalisers (ADT) –
verifiable according to OIML R 107
Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments (NAWI) –
verifiable according to OIML R 76
Multifunctional, fast and precise
in automated weighing, dosing, filling and loading processes
The miniPond 3P controller is designed for verifiable automatic scales in industrial weighing processes for filling and dosing solids, bulk materials and liquids. The miniPond 3P takes over the control of all tasks that are subject to legal metrology. The integrated time-optimized dosing process relieves the higher-level control system of time-critical tasks and thus enables a more precise and faster mode of operation compared to concepts which carry out the switch-off in the higher-level control system.
Thus, miniPond 3P also offers advantages in applications that are not subject to mandatory verification.
The 3 available operating modes for automated weight registration, one-component dosing or filling and for discontinuous totalization of bulk materials in railcars, trucks or ships are supplemented by selectable dosing settings for filling and dispensing processes. In addition, there are practical automatic functions for zeroing or taring, for free-fall compensation and for checkweighing with tolerance evaluation.
The miniPond 3P controller offers numerous customization possibilities for different tasks and, thanks to its sophisticated control algorithms, is able to flexibly adapt to changes in the product properties, such as material density or flow behavior, during the filling process.
Digital filters for optimum processing of the weighing signals and proven, powerful evaluation algorithms ensure maximum measuring accuracy, even under difficult conditions.
During operation, the miniPond 3P weighing controller automatically monitors a number of process parameters which help to optimize the filling system. Among others, filling weight, tolerances and process errors are recorded and evaluated. In addition, data such as counts and totals as well as diagnostic data are logged on the controller.
The miniPond 3P controller provides high repeat accuracy also for goods with critical filling characteristics – especially as disturbing influences are reliably suppressed, e.g. in the case of process fluctuations or switching operations.
The integrated alibi memory documents the last 84,000 filling results and meets the requirement for traceability of legal-for-trade weight values when used in the subsequent EDP system.
The weighing controller can also be used stand-alone. It is intuitive to operate, offers dialog-guided, digital adjustment and can also be configured as a multi-range or multi-interval scale. Up to 4 load cells can be connected.
Web server functionality
and various communication interfaces
The miniPond 3P can be flexibly integrated into almost any machine and control environment. For this purpose, the weighing controller offers 8 digital I/Os, COM port, Ethernet interface, Modbus protocol and optional fieldbus interfaces such as Profibus, Profinet or EtherNet/IP.
The integrated web server enables access via a browser, e.g. for setting parameters, for adjustment as well as for functional testing, and allows targeted fault and process diagnosis directly from the device. Also data backup, firmware updates and remote maintenance can be carried out comfortably via the web interface.
Remote diagnostics and remote maintenance of devices at other locations via the Internet are also possible (if enabled accordingly). At the same time, the miniPond 3P can also be integrated into Industry 4.0-compliant structures and applications via the fieldbus, for example in condition monitoring applications on the supervisory control level or in the cloud. This makes the miniPond 3P not only a reliable, but also a future-proof weighing controller for automatic scales.
- Evaluation electronics for strain gauge load cells
- High internal measurement resolution and stability
- Fast and precise control of the dosing process powered by long-proven algorithms
- High operational reliability due to comprehensive monitoring functions
- Diagnostic tools and support for commissioning, optimization and troubleshooting
- User-friendly weight and status display
- Plain-text operator guidance in 5 languages
- Durable design for industrial use
- Space-saving, effortless mounting with various installation options
- Display unit can be mounted on the door / front panel without a cut-out. Template provided for drilling only 7 holes.
- Configurable operating modes:
Automatic catchweighing, Automatic gravimetric filling and dosing, Automatic discontinuous totalizing
- Weight registration with stability detection
- Two-stage dosing: coarse and fine
- Dosing in filling and dispensing mode
- Automatic zero setting or taring
- Automatic free-fall compensation: proportional control with quick adaptation
- Automatic checkweighing with tolerance evaluation
- 1 additional set point, freely configurable
- Fault monitoring with alarm and logging
- Totals memory and counter
- Logging of actual weights and filling data
- Integrated alibi memory
Configuration and operation
- Local operator terminal
- Fieldbus and other interfaces
- Web server for parameter input and backup, data exchange, firmware download, remote terminal and filling curve analysis
Connectivity / Networking
- Ethernet TCP/IP
- Serial COM port (RS-422/485 or RS-232)
- Modbus (TCP and RTU)
- Web interface
- WebSocket (RFC6455)
- 8 digital inputs / 8 digital outputs (24VDC each)
- optional fieldbus: Profibus DP, Profinet or EtherNet/IP, further protocols on request